It's very much aimed at students interested in contemporary politics, through all over the entire world - politics of the United States, of Europe, of China, of how all these various agents interact on the world stage now. Hopefully, giving them a grasp of how they can think about how we might want to go forward in the future with politics. In a post-Brexit and Trump administration, much attention has been shifted to China. I think it is sort of inevitable to study more about China, particularly concerning the eagerness of the Irish government to cooperate with China. Now, I am working for the Department of Social Protection. I think the most important reason for me to get this position was the training that I got from Trinity, especially the quantitative and statistical side of it. The master's course is relatively small. There are only approximately 20 to 25 students who come to us every year and so our Department really gets the chance to get to know them a little bit, interact with them deeply, and sort of helping them along learning research at a higher level than you can do with undergraduate students. I think that all of our staff enjoy having that extra opportunity. I find that you can ask whatever questions you want and it's really, you know, kind of at a level that's very easy to access. My supervisor was very helpful, very supportive. I don't know how many hours we spent together. Trinity has been reputed for cutting-edge research and passionate teaching - this is particularly the case in our Department. We really give students the chance to dive into the subject from the bottom up if they wish. People don't have to have a strong knowledge of political science to participate in it and to apply for it. It's a really nice atmosphere and you get to know people very easily. We can't go out and socialize without politics coming out, even though we always say we are not going to talk shop, it always happens. The international politics program is aimed at people who are looking at world affairs right now and saying ëI want to move beyond the soundbitesí and really get a grasp on the fundamentals of what's going on the world stage right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment